Santhigram Wellness Centers offer authentic Kerala specific Ayurvedic and Panchakarma therapies to suit your specific health and wellness needs.
The “Ayurveda wellness therapies” that Santhigram offers will help reduce the physical suffering, to a great extent, control several dreaded disabilities, ward off middle age syndrome, retard the aging process and provide unlimited curative powers for the body and mind. Ayurveda helps repair worn out tissues, increase memory, improve energy in the body and helps improve overall physical and mental fitness.
Details of some of the therapies shown below include:
Benefits of Abhyangam:
- helps tone muscles
- improves circulation
- increases the skin’s luster – making you appear younger
- rejuvenates the body and strengthens all the tissues to help achieve ideal health and longevity
- increases primary vitality (Ojas) and resistance
- beneficial to the eyes
- helps you have a good night’s sleep
- effective in reducing the symptoms of rheumatism
- can help control fat
- reduces sagging skin
- reduces stress
The ultimate therapy with the constant flow of warm oil which is slowly and gently applied to your whole body.
- makes you feel peaceful, calm and relaxed
- treats muscle spasms and other degenerative diseases that affect the muscles
- calms the mind and soothes the nervous system
- induces a feeling of profound peace and happiness
- used for treating various psychosomatic disorders, insomnia, chronic cold, sinusitis, etc.
- helps soothe painful, sore or aching muscles and joints
- improves blood circulation
- improves complexion
A type of sudation therapy using medicated leaves. The proportion of ingredients varies according to the disease symptoms.
Benefits of Elakizhi:
- treats conditions such as joint pain, muscle cramps, rheumatoid arthritis
- treats all sorts of degenerative ailments
- effectively treats muscle atrophy and hemiplegia
- used to treat diseases related to malnutrition
With this therapy, a leather sleeve is tied over the patient’s head and medicated oil is poured into the sleeve. The oil can remain on the head for a specific duration, depending on the severity of the diseased condition.
Benefits of Sirovasthi:
- effective in disorders such as facial paralysis, insomnia and other diseases related to mental stress.
This is an Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy that involves an invigorating head massage followed by herbal steam inhalation and the application of hot towels.
Herbal nasal drops are then administered to loosen, melt and release mucus from the sinus passages.
Benefits of Nasyam:
- Helps alleviate problems of excess mucus and blocked sinuses
Vasthi is the most important of all the rejuvenating therapies in Panchakarma. It involves the introduction of herbs and oils by a process known as Vasthi Yantra. It is the treatment for Vata predominant diseases. It is an excellent treatment to help balance all the doshas. This medicated oil mixture is injected into the colon using a special instrument- the Vasti Netra (enema nozzle).
- effectively treats conditions such as sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis and other degenerative ailments
- treats health problems like colic, kidney stones, afflictions of the spleen and many other diseases caused by a Vata imbalance.
- widely recommended for treating obesity
- helps to promote better digestion
- improves the health and luster of the skin
- helps makes muscles firmer
- increases circulation
Shirodhara (Sirodhara), Svedana (Swedana), Elakizhi, Navarakizhi (Njavarakizhi), Sirovasthi (Shirovasti), Nasyam, Vasti (Vasthi) are normally not administered as individual treatment. They are usually combined with Uzhichil (Abhyanga).
Ayurvedic and Panchakarma Therapies help alleviate various pains and disorders. These treatments offered by Santhigram are based on a consultation with one of our Ayurvedic Consultants. To determine the bets Ayurveda therapies for you, please make an appointment to have a consultation with an Ayurvedic Consultant prior to scheduling an appointment for one of our services.